Virtual Brunch with an Italian director
A tavola con un regista italiano…
Join director Nicola Ragone, project manager Antonio Imbesi and art director/ writer Luigi Vitelli as they present via Zoom a post-screening discussion about their documentary Vado Verso Dove Vengo over a virtual brunch.
Discussion will be led by Evelyn Ferraro (Santa Clara University) and Laura E. Ruberto (Berkeley City College).
Sunday, June 28, 2020 | 11:00 AM Pacific Time (US and Canada)
Vado verso dove vengo (I’m Going Where I Came From) is a documentary that tells the personal stories of Lucanians who emigrated abroad and of those who returned and who stayed in the small towns of Lucania region – known today as Basilicata. From New York City to Aliano, from London to Castelmezzano, the voices of emigrants and of their descendants narrate tales filled with emotions of leaving and of remaining, of desertions and returns to small towns on Italy’s fringes. The stories offer a complex meditation on emigration, immigration, and belongings. Is it possible, after more than 100 years of emigration, to forge a new balance between local communities and global flows? Can small towns hold the key to innovative projects and sensibilities that will inform the future?
Documentary in Italian with English subtitles.
Original event scheduled for March 8th at the Italian American Heritage Foundation in San Jose, with the support of the Italian Cultural Institute and the Leonardo da Vinci Society of San Francisco
To attend this virtual event, please follow the following steps:
1. This event is a post-screening panel discussion, so participants are highly encouraged to watch the movie at any time BEFORE the event.
The movie is available for $1.99 (SD) or $2.99 (HD) rental on Amazon only at https://www.amazon.com/dp/B088TFK1NC/
2. For security concerns, a link to Zoom and password will be email after RSVP. Please RSVP via email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call IAHF at: (408) 293-7122
3. Due to the shelter orders, this event will NOT be held at the IAHF and will be held on- line using Zoom. Members and guests who are not familiar with how to use ZOOM should contact the IAHF well in advance of the event so they can be instructed on how this works from their home devices. The Zoom meeting will be opened 30 minutes in advance of the event for guests to confirm their ability to connect and resolve any issues.
Some tips if you are not familiar with ZOOM:
– To install ZOOM on your computer: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/categories/200101697
– To join a Zoom meeting: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/201362193-Joining-a-meeting
A presto! Buona visione!