- Apply Salary: $59.96 – $75.86 Hourly
- Location: Napa, CA
- Job Type: Faculty (Part-time, Temporary)
- Department: Italian
- Job Number: 2016-00049
Napa Valley College is soliciting applications for part-time, hourly Italian instructors. The starting salary range is $59.96-$64.85/classroom hour, with future steps up to $75.86/classroom hour.
Placement is based on verified previous college teaching or counseling experience.
JOB REQUIREMENTS: Minimum Qualifications
Master’s in the language being taught
Bachelor’s in the language being taught AND Master’s in another language or linguistics OR the equivalent.
A. Applicants must complete the online application through GovernmentJobs.com. All elements of the application must be submitted in order for the application to be considered complete.
B. Applicants must attach the following to complete the application process:
(.pdf, .doc, .docx, .rtf, .bmp, .gif, .jpe, .jpeg, or .jpg files only)
- Current comprehensive resume
- OPTIONAL: Request for Equivalency Review form (Download PDF reader), if applicable (ONLY for applicants who do not possess the stated minimum educational qualifications and are seeking consideration on the basis of equivalency).
- Legible copies of transcripts verifying college work, degrees, and conferral dates.
- Click here for information pertaining to foreign transcripts.
- NOTE: Unofficial copies of transcripts accepted at time of application, however, official transcripts will be required upon offer of employment.
- Please remove SSN or DOB if visible on transcripts.
It is important that your application reflect all of your relevant education and experience, including academic and non-academic employment history. Please note that your resume does not take the place of completing the “Work Experience” section of the application. Applications will be rejected if no work experience is listed, or if other required application fields are missing or incomplete.
It is the applicant’s responsibility to ensure that all required application materials are completed and properly uploaded into the system. Only complete applications will be forwarded to the division chair/dean for further review. An application is only considered complete if all items above are uploaded.
Please do not submit material not requested. Application materials submitted become the property of Napa Valley College and the Office of Human Resources cannot copy, return, or transfer materials to other positions. Any expenses incurred in connection with the initial interview will be the responsibility of the candidate.
The District will not accept materials by e-mail, fax, or mail.
SPECIAL ACCOMMODATIONS: If you are in need of special services or facilities due to a disability in order to apply or interview for this opening, please contact Human Resources.
Napa Valley College, an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer, maintains a drug-free workplace and requires that employees abide by that policy.
For more information, contact the Office of Human Resources:
For technical support, contact NEOGOV at (855) 524-5627.
The salaried employees in the following classifications are eligible for district-sponsored health benefits:
- Administrative/Confidential Staff
- Full-Time, Temporary, Grant-Funded Faculty on an Academic Year Contract
- Probationary and Regular Classified Staff
- Salaried Professional Employees
- Tenure-Track/Tenured Faculty
Contact the Office of Human Resources at (707) 256-7100 for specific information regarding these benefits.