in Greek: περιϕέρεια.
Pi Day falls on March 14, or 3/14, because the mathematical value of π begins “3.14.” (Source: Slate)
Italian Schools celebrate Pi-Day, March 14th 2017 with a Math Contest (click here for Contest Regulations and Signup procedure – document in Italian).
Teachers can register at http://redooc.com/it/pigreco and sign up teams of 4 students to the math challenge. Meet The Fun-enjoying Redooc Team of Italian developers
Information on Pi
- What is Pi, and How did it Originate (Scientific American)
- What is Pi (Life Science)
- Happy Pi-Day! (Life Science)
- What is the Use of Learning about Pi? (you tube clip – Italian dubbed)
- 4 Ways to Celebrate Pi-Day – Wiki-How
- La Storia del Pi – YouTube clip – Italian
- Archimede e il Pi-Greco (You Tube Clip, Italian)