ISSNAF – Italian Scientists and Scholars in North America Foundation yearly presents awards to acknowledge the research of young Italian investigators working in North America, whose commitment to their discipline of study is innovative, potentially impactful and honors their country of origin.
ISSNAF Board of Trustees encourages all Italian early-stage researchers currently primarily working in the United States or Canada to submit their application and research abstract to compete for one of the following awards:
- Mario Gerla Award for Young Investigators in Computer Science
- IBM-Bio4Dreams Award for Research in Medicine, Biosciences and Cognitive Science
- Paola Campese Award for Research on Leukemia
- Franco Strazzabosco Award for Young Engineers
- Annamaria Molteni Award for Mathematics and Physics
Each winner will receive a certificate and a monetary prize of $3,000. All finalists will be granted a Travel Award, one (1) night at a hotel in Washington DC and a certificate of participation.
- Proof of Italian Citizenship (Italian passport or ID card);
- Current affiliation with a research Institution in the United States or Canada;
- PhD or Medical Residency (whichever comes first) obtained between January 1st 2012 and December 31st 2017. Only the official date on the degree certificate will be considered valid.
- A Review Board composed of international experts will score all valid applications according to the candidates’ curricula (titles, positions, publications, grants, patents) and the scientific quality of the abstract (experimental design and methods, significance, innovation).
- The best 3 (three) applications for each Award will be selected to be presented during the 2019 ISSNAF Annual Event on November 15th 2019 at the Italian Embassy in Washington, DC. Finalists will present their research with an oral communication.
- Presenters will be evaluated by the Award Jury, focusing in particular on scientific quality, innovation, CV, and presentations skills. The Award Jury will select the winners amongst the presenters and awards will be presented during a formal ceremony on the same day.
- The decisions of the Review Board and of the Jury are final.
- Applications must be completed only online from June 5th to July 15th, 2019 atwww.issnaf.org/awards.html
- Applications must be completed following instructions provided online.
- Applications that are not completed according to instructions will not be considered.
- No paper applications or applications sent by e-mail will be accepted.
- All applications and presentations must be in English.
- All applications must be submitted by July 15th, 2019 (23:59PST)
- The Review Board will select finalists by September 16th, 2019
Finalists presenting at the annual meeting will be acknowledged with an official certificate, one-night hotel accommodation in Washington DC and a travel award proportional to the distance of their Institution from Washington, DC:
- West Coast, British Columbia, Alberta: $350
- Mid West, Southern States, Manitoba, Ontario, Quebec: $250
- US East Coast (over 250 miles): $100
- US East Coast (less than 250 miles): $50
The Foundation acknowledges the generosity of our kind donors who made possible the ISSNAF Awards: Strazzabosco Family, Formenti Family, Campese Family, Gerla Family, IBM and Bio4Dreams.
For more information about the application process write to email@example.com
For more information about ISSNAF and the awards go to www.issnaf.org
To fill in ON LINE the Application