The County of Santa Clara and the Province* of Florence have a Sister County relationship that promotes exchange of art, commerce, culture, education, and technology. This year the Florence Sister County Commission is offering grants to young entrepreneurs who participate in recognized incubator or accelerator programs located in Santa Clara County.
- Applicant’s objective must align with the Florence Sister County Commission mission.
- Applicant must demonstrate how he/she will further the Sister County Commission mission.
- Applicant must be a resident of the Province* of Florence for at least six months while studying at a university in Province* of Florence or reside in Province* of Florence for at least six continuous months immediately prior to applying for this grant. Applicant should provide a copy of a ‘certificato di residenza’ to prove his/her residency.
- Applicant must participate in an incubator or accelerator program in Santa Clara County. Applicant needs to provide a copy of an official letter of acceptance from the program.
- Applicant must successfully complete the program.
- Applicant must be at least 21 or older.
How to apply?
- Complete the application
- Attach the following to the application:
- University transcripts
- Statement of Purpose (no more than one page)
- Letter of acceptance
- Three letters of recommendation: two from academic instructors and one from a supervisor, if employed. If not employed, a third from an academic advisor would be acceptable. Please use the enclosed form or have them use official letterhead. Recommendations need not accompany the grant application; however, they are subject to the same deadline.
- Proof of residency in Province* of Florence. (If the Commission finds out after a grant is awarded that the recipient does not meet the residency requirement, the Commission has the right to revoke the grant.)
All application materials must be received at the County office no later than
Friday, June 8, 2018 before 5:00 p.m. Materials after this deadline will be disqualified.